Anniversary Project Partners
In celebration of our 50th Anniversary, the Fuchs Foundation introduced a national flagship project, "FUCHS - The Golden Years", during March 2016. The project extends over the 4-year period 2016 to 2019 and will culminate in the Foundation's Anniversary celebration on 1 August 2019. Accordingly, the Foundation called for funding applications from all past beneficiaries (as well as invited "new" applications via our website), which were submitted in 4 strategic focus areas.
The Foundation was inundated by many high quality applications (numbering 611 in total and exceeding R1.37 billion). After a stringent selection process, the Foundation has just announced the 12 successful Anniversary Project beneficiaries in the respective categories.
CHILDCARE & YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
1. North-West Network on Violence against Women & Children: Skills Development & Advocacy Programme (North-West Province)
2. Mercy Ships Southern Africa: Zithulele Rural Schools Eye Care Outreach Project (Eastern Cape Province)
3. The President's Award for Youth Empowerment: Youth Development Achievers Award Programme (Northern Cape Province & KwaZulu-Natal)
4. Free State Academic Mother & Child Hospital Trust: Establishment of the FSMCAH Trust (Free State Province)
5. Milk Matters: Expanding Infant Access to Breast Milk (Western Cape Province)
6. Wits Paediatric Fund: Perinatal Asphyxia Project in 3 Johannesburg-based Hospitals (Gauteng)
7. Wits Centre for Deaf Studies: Hi Hopes Early Intervention Programme for Deaf Children (Mpumalanga)
8. University of Johannesburg: Establishment of a Fuchs Regional Disability Resource Centre (Gauteng)
9. North-West University: Teachers Without Borders - Indigenous Science/Mathematics Labs in Rural Schools (Limpopo, Western Cape Province, Northern Cape Province & KwaZulu-Natal)
TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT, INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
10. National Science & Technology Forum: Promotion of Science, Engineering & Technology Studies/Careers for Youth in South Africa (National)
11. CUT Centre for Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing (Changing Faces, Changing Lives - Reconstructive Surgery & 3-D Printing Technology (Free State Province)
12. Wits Digital Innovation Hub/Johannesburg Centre for Software Engineering: Tshimologong Digital Innovation Challenge (Gauteng).
The funding available per beneficiary organisation amounts to R 2 250 000 over the project period, payable in tranches that escalate each year. The project also involves a "competition element" with the project that is evaluated to have produced the greatest impact over the project period being awarded the "grand prize", amounting to an additional R1 000 000 in funding during 2019.
CONGRATULATIONS & WELL DONE to all the Anniversary Project partners!